I chose this article because this topic has always been one of interest. I always hear about how bad the fast-food corporation is yet nothing has been done to put an end to the restaurants that sell us 1000 calorie hamburgers. Many health problems develop later in life for many of the consumers and nothing is being done about that. Because I am majoring in physical education I love to read about this stuff. It never gets boring, I love to read the new stories about what is being done to the fast-food corporations. I see many teenagers go to mcdonalds everyday and I've done it too, back in my freshmen year of high school I would go to mcdonalds everyday with a bunch of my friends. The main reason why we went there is because its a lot more affordable than anywhere else. That is the reason why many people purchase fast-food. Its made quick and its affordable. As long as the prices stay low the fast-food corporation will still be on the rise while the health of many will slowly decline.
Friday, January 27, 2012
Blog 3
In David Zinczenco's "Don't blame the eater" he describes how the fast-food industry is not putting any nutritional labels on their products, how the healthcare for diabetes is on the rise,if the parents are to blame, and how the consumer should know what they are about to intake before they do. He goes after the fast-food restaurants who don't have all of their information out so everyone can see. The author gave us an example of a 150 calorie salad, that is of course just the salad the fast-food restaurant did not mention the 250 calorie dressing,the almonds and noodles which are an additional 190 calories and also your large coke which should add on another 350 calories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment