Thursday, April 19, 2012
Blog 10
The way I approached my search was going with broader terms and then narrowing them. My focus was on technology and how it has affected our lives, after using different terms such as "Negative effects" and "young generation" I wanted to go with how it has had an effect on communication skills but even that seemed a bit too broad. So I decided to search "cell phones" and "Text messaging" there I would find my research topic "The negative effects of text messaging on teen literacy" this is much narrower and is focusing on one topic that we can all understand. My thesis will continue to develop but so far I have come up with this "With many teens now owning a cell phone and constantly texting misspelled words, the way they speak and text is now crossing over to the real world in which that text does not exist. It is affecting the way they write, spell, and speak, if this continues, many students grades will suffer" I hope to continue to work on my thesis by narrowing it down and using more examples of what affect this has on teen literacy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment